Monday, October 19, 2009

COB Analysis

I'd never heard of CAPT Randall Bowdish before, but the man knows how to break down campaign analysis. This article offers a clear, logical approach to campaign, operation, and battle analysis. Moreover, it identifies all the major categories of analysis that can be employed in campaign evaluation. "Hybrid Analysis" seems to best fit the type of evaluations we are doing this semester - any thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. This is great stuff, thanks. Is anyone having trouble stuffing this into 5 pages? I've nearly 5 and i'm not even close to done

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sort of reverse-engineered this paper. I had a lot of notes already assembled, then wrote the outline based on the factors I was analyzing, then plugged in the notes where they belonged on the outline. Since I approached it sort of holistically I was able to keep a tighter grip on the length. BUT ... until we get grades on these first papers, it's hard to say which approach is worth replicating :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. just got a tip to make sure to include the end result of the campaign in the conclusion (casualties, position, etc)

    ReplyDelete